[plug] Woody 'make xconfig' won't run, 'make menuconfig' does.

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Thu Oct 31 10:18:24 WST 2002

Matt Kemner wrote:

> An easy fix:
>
> copy .Xauthority from your home directory to /root/ and do:
> export DISPLAY=:0

Here's how I do it. As I only have one user on my machine.. Me :p)

in /root/.bashrc I have
su brad -c "xauth -f /home/brad/.Xauthority extract - $DISPLAY" | \
xauth -f /root/.Xauthority merge -

Boom, when I su to root inside X (which is the only time I do it) it
automagicly sets up my cookies and I can do what I need to do.

I had to put the -f options in there because otherwise it was corrupting
my /home/brad/.Xauthority file's permissions and I'm too lazy to figure
out why.

--
Brad....
                   /"\