[plug] Another user converted to Debian :)

Jason Bainbridge jaseone at myrealbox.com
Sun Sep 1 23:19:33 WST 2002

On Sun, 1 Sep 2002 10:34 pm, Jeff Williams wrote:

> Is there a good reason why you want to be building gnome2? There are
> perfectly good debs just an apt-get away with the following in your
> apt/sources.list:
>
> deb http://gluck.debian.org/~kov/debian woody gnome2
>
> Jeff

Thanks for that, it's going through the motions now. :)

Confucious say after updating sources.list run apt-get update before apt-get
install. Trap for young players that one, had me trapped for a while.

There was no particular reason I wanted to build it from source, I just enjoy
building stuff from source for some reason, it gives me the warm and
fuzzies...

Jason