[plug] MS Exchange support in kdepim

Luke Dudney plug at apophis.net
Mon Sep 2 19:38:29 WST 2002

Jason Bainbridge wrote:

>I've seen a few threads on the list lately related to Ms Exchange support in
>Linux mail clients so I thought I'd mention that kdepim in CVS now apparently
>suports MS Exchange apointments in CV I'm unsure of any details and I can't
>try it out myself as I don't have an Exchange server here and I haven't got
>time at work as we are approaching the end of a release cycle.
>
>But it sounds promising atleast, if anyone gives it a go let us know how it
>goes.
>
>Cheers!
>Jason

I thought I would add here that MS Exchange can present as user's
mailbox via IMAP.
This means that you can use your favourite IMAP client such as Mozilla
Mail etc to access your Exchange mailbox.
It does not however provide any of the special Exchange  functionality
such as shared Calenders and Task lists etc.
I am not sure if IMAP access is enabled out of the box; if its not then
you should have a fairly decent case to present to the administrator
(accessing email from home or whatever).

I wasn't aware of this until recently and thought some of you may still
be in the dark and would appreciate the tip.

Cheers
Luke