[plug] Kylix Experiences

ryan at is.as.geeky.as ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Tue Sep 3 23:35:12 WST 2002

Okay I'll answer some of it myself after I discovered the kylix
deployment newsgroup :)

The following link is a very good rundown on the library setup for
Kylix and helped me fix the problem in Kylix 3.

http://rick-ross.com/papers/k3/k3deploy.html

I have not tested on older machines yet, but it keeps all my newer
machines happy.

To help anyone else out there wanting to run stand-alone Kylix 3
binaries and possibly getting initPAnsiString errors, I made a .deb
package containing the required libborqt library.  It is 2.4Mb

You can get it here:  http://geeky.as/kylix3-libs_0.01-1_i386.deb

If you want to try out a kylix binary, get this file (225k - the only
bad thing about Delphi/Kylix):

http://geeky.as/kylix-demo.gz

Hope this helps someone ;P

Ryan