[plug] Redhat 7.3 install (argh!!!!)

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Sep 6 14:31:10 WST 2002

> Install apt-rpm, you'll appriciate it

Heh... a little while ago I set up Mandrake 8.2 (? whatever's latest) on
my laptop because at the time I didn't have woody CDs at home and I
wanted to test out the hardware before I bought it. Anyway, being a
debian user I immediately thought "arrggh, must have apt" and ran:

apt-get install apt-rpm

before even thinking. This was followed by the sound of grinding
teeth... especially when all attempts at using Mandrake's GUI
update/install util failed miserably.

Anyway, an amusing (at least to me) reminder of just how used one gets
to having _something_ _else_ handle package deps and downloads.

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is. (or:)