[plug] Redhat 7.3 install (argh!!!!)

Adrian Blockley a.blockley at poboxes.com
Sun Sep 8 18:47:59 WST 2002

Hi Bret,

I think that either the Redhat Personal edition or Linux Services WA
would have been the way to go. The Next Handbooks third party version
that we used cost $15.95 but was much more expensive in terms of time
and effort - but then again it was a good learning experience in terms
of disaster recovery ;-)

Cheers

Adrian

On 2002.09.08 11:55 Bret Busby wrote:

> No.
>
> The copy that we used, was from Linux Services WA.
>
> As you were using a third party version of the distribution, depending
>
> on how much it cost you, you might consider either buying the
> manufacturer's edition (Red Hat Personal Edition about $35; a
> newsagent
> in Armadale sells it), or, getting a Linux Services WA copy. There is
> price on their website.
>
> I assume that the manufacturer's version should be okay, but, I know
> that the copy that we had, which was the Linux Services WA copy, was
> good.
>
> How much did your Next version cost you?
>
> --
> Bret Busby
> Armadale
> West Australia
>
> "So once you do know what the question actually is,
>  you'll know what the answer means."
> - Deep Thought,
>   Chapter 28 of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
> - Douglas Adams, 1988

Adrian  Blockley	 32 Darwinia Loop Canningvale WA, 6155
a.blockley at poboxes.com

Ph: 08 9256 1953
Mobile: 0405 609 990