[plug] pppd problems after kernel recompile

Tony Clark tclark at telia.com
Sat Sep 7 22:24:56 WST 2002

power:/# apt-get -t woody install modutils
Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
1 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 372  not upgraded.
Need to get 186kB of archives. After unpacking 122kB will be freed.
Get:1 http://ftp.se.debian.org sid/main modutils 2.4.19-3 [186kB]
Fetched 186kB in 0s (342kB/s)
(Reading database ... 67629 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace modutils 2.4.15-1 (using .../modutils_2.4.19-3_i386.deb)

I'm not sure if modutils has been upgraded in woody or not as i had a version
from sid installed.  It did effect some things in Gentoo but I'm not sure
with debian.

> Not sure what you mean here, do you mean create a symlink linux in /boot
> that points to my new bzImage? There is a symlink /vmlinuz that points to
> vmlinuz-2.4.18 if that's what you mean. I guess I better go read some more
> tutorials on this stuff. :)

ln -s /usr/src/linux-2.4.18 /usr/src/linux

tony
--
Contract ASIC and FPGA design.