[plug] Broadband problems Rockingham.

ryan at is.as.geeky.as ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Wed Sep 11 21:02:15 WST 2002

We (unspecifed company) forked out for DDS in Osborne Park (Telstra via another provider).  At 3 times the price of the HDSL link we were able to get in West Perth (Optus/XYZed), it certainly ain't for everyone.  All our PABX onramps are fibre in Osborne Park, there is a fair bit of it around there, however it seems Telstra will only terminate it as an I$DN service.  The DDS lines are PERFECT, noticeably better than ISDN.  The HDSL is nearly perfect, but prone to the occasional clocking error from the NTU (Currently 0.001817% on our one).

Another option Telstra can offer is their Ethernet service (I forget the exact name but I wrote the figures down).  Their maximum offering is a 1Gbit end-to-end link between two metro areas for a simple flat fee of $567,996 for 12 months ... plus a $55,000 installation fee.

Just my 2(^100) cents worth :)

Ryan