[plug] Mail - i don't what subject should go here

I am the LinuxAlien linuxalien at optusnet.com.au
Fri Sep 13 17:07:30 WST 2002

If you receive a attachment in an email where does it go?
What i need is for an email to be sent to me that contains a picture in it.
I then the picture to replace a picture on a web site.
The email will always come form a certain address and the picture will
always be the same name.
I also need to set it up so that it is has a certain subject as well.
FTP and other file transfer methods don't look possible as it is from
behind a firewall. Any ideas as to other file transfer methods between
windows and Linux will be appreciated.
My thoughts on how to do this are:
1. Point web site to folder that contains picture and have a script run
when the email is received so that the picture is over written
2. Have script that replaces the picture in the ~/public-html folder
Tim

LinuxAlien
Riverton, Perth, WA

Australian Linux Technical Conference, Perth 2003 http://linux.conf.au