[plug] BIOS update for VIA MVP3?

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Sun Sep 15 22:53:50 WST 2002

Craig Foster wrote:
> Have you reminded him that Linux does not care about 8G or 32G hard disk
> limits? Just thought I'd ask :)

Hmm... I thought that was the case with non-DOS based win32 (nt4, win2k,
and that which must not be named ;-) too. I was recently stunned to
discover that win98 doesn't even use protected memory!

I'm finding win2k a _lot_ less painful than I expected. Of course it was
"free" with the laptop (read: you have no choice) and I have _zero_
intention of updating it so that MS can change the EULA. Read the EULA
that comes with win2k pro if you have a copy - quite interesting how
non-evil it is. An amazing contrast to recent Service Packs etc.

That said, the only reason I'm not going insane is because I've got a
complete cygwin environment set up, complete with X :-)

Craig Ringer