[plug] WOL problems

I am the LinuxAlien linuxalien at optusnet.com.au
Mon Sep 16 07:25:30 WST 2002

No, I found that disconnecting the cable solved the problem. As far as I
can see the only thing that can wake the computer is the WOL signal from
the LAN. Could it be something to do with the 2 computers being directly
connected?
Tim
At 22:55 15/09/2002 +0800, you wrote:
>>Try disabling wake-on-network-activity; if that doesn't help (or the BIOS
>>doesn't have one), disable powerup on *ANY* interrupt line.
>
>I've also run into machines where WoL actually functions through the BIOS
>Wake on Ring settings instead. That one took me a while.
>
>Perhaps a silly question... but does this still happen if you disconnect
>the cable?

LinuxAlien
Riverton, Perth, WA

Australian Linux Technical Conference, Perth 2003 http://linux.conf.au