[plug] WOL problems

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Mon Sep 16 08:32:03 WST 2002

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 07:25, I am the LinuxAlien wrote:
> No, I found that disconnecting the cable solved the problem. As far as I
> can see the only thing that can wake the computer is the WOL signal from
> the LAN. Could it be something to do with the 2 computers being directly
> connected?

Yes, it's possible (but not very likely, given the nature of UTP) that
something like an earth loop or such could do it.

Or (as I said before) the BIOS being set to wake on the IRQ that the card
happens to use, and it being one of those cards that doesn't quite shut down
(although unplugging the machine often does the trick).

Cheers; Leon