[plug] Mini-ITX Systems...

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Tue Sep 17 11:19:04 WST 2002

On Monday 16 September 2002 13:19, tenzero at iinet.net.au wrote:
> Speaking of Mini-ITX systems, has anyone found any Mini-ITX cases that
> look like a HI-FI component??
> The only Mini-ITX cases I've seen so far look like funky small pc cases.
> I was hoping to build a DVD player come Email/Web box that looked at
> home among the video and HiFi equipment.

Yes, you could make your own out of an old VCR. ^_^

The www.mini-itx.com website now has an online store with some more products,
including two types of cases:
   http://www.mini-itx.com/store/default.asp?c=3
The first one looks Hi-fi-ish in profile, but I prefer the more cubic
aluminium one. -_^

The main homepage also has specs on the new range of ITX boards coming out
supposedly in October:

VIA C3 933Mhz/Eden ESP 6000 Processor EBGA Package at 133/100Mhz FSB
VIA CLE266 Chipset Featuring Integrated AGP 8X Equivalent Graphics Engine
DDR266 SDRAM
1 PCI Slot
ATA/133 Support
VIA 6 Channel Audio
VIA IEEE 1394 (optional)
4 USB 2.0/1.1
VIA 10/100 LAN
VIA TV Out (optional)
Mini ITX Form Factor (170mm x 170mm)

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |