[plug] Help on Importing Access DB into MySQL

Steege, Phil E phil.e.steege at lmco.com
Wed Sep 18 20:18:09 WST 2002

I am trying to bring all my office work over to Linux.
I read an article on importing Access DB's into MySQL, under Windows, using
ODBC at this link http://viaverio.com/support/virtual/mysql/odbc/

It seemed to be showing how to take Access databases on a windows machine
and export them to mysql databases on the same windows machine.

I want to be able to bring over an access mdb file and import that straight
into a mysql database on my linux box.

Is that possible, or do I have to have a running access database on a
windows machine (I have one on my network) and then export to my linux box
across my network using ODBC ?