[plug] Help on Importing Access DB into MySQL

Jason Bainbridge jaseone at myrealbox.com
Wed Sep 18 21:14:24 WST 2002

Haven't had any experience with Access --> MySQL, but have done some SQL
Server --> MySQL and a quick google turned up some similar tools wth most of
them listed at MySQL's site:

http://www.mysql.com/portal/software/html/software-37-1.html

The best free alternative unfortunately looks like a program written in German
(that is unless you speak German):

http://www.mdb2mysql.de/

With MSSQL conversion the tool I use is a VBA script someone wrote that uses
ODBC to automagically create the database structure and transfer the data
across.

I don't think you'll be able to do something like save the *.mdb on a linux
box and do the conversion, you'll either need to create a dump file on the
windows box and then import it under linux or use ODBC to do it over the
network.

--
Jason Bainbridge
KDE - Conquer Your Desktop