[plug] OOo

Mike Holland myk at plug.linux.org.au
Fri Sep 20 09:46:35 WST 2002

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, James Elliott wrote:

> Hi - I know this is not on the subject of Linux per se, but I am installing

its windoze-specific  :-(

> OOo on both Linux and Windows partitions and have had not problems so far
> with Linux and Win98.  However, on Windows XP if I install it when logged on
> as User James, it doesn't show up on the Start menu list of "All Programs"
> when Kylie or Tim log on .... does anyone here know why??

Because its designed to. Seems correct as others said. Is there an MS
document that defines standard installs?

What I wanted to say, is that you can easily edit the start menus, doing a
bit of drag & drop with the W.Explorer. Menu entries are files - take a
look. Search for "Start Menu" directories.

  I think this is one place where MS beat Linux to the "everything is a
file" philosophy, but KDE and Gnome have caught up.

--
        The origin of Truth is Doubt - Socrates