[plug] Fwd: the Nigerians get a bite! (-:

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Mon Sep 23 09:09:17 WST 2002

For your amusement, this was ReplyAll'ed to a heap of people, including me. My
#es and despamming, for the peace of mind of several list members.

Subject: Re: []
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 11:45:23 -0400
From: Bob Wersan <DESPAMMED>
To: <mirabor at eircom.net>

Dear Dr. W###er Irabor:
Yours is the 43rd offer I've received to claim money from Nigeria and the
extensive W###er family. As of today I have traveled to Nigera 13 times and
have been able to collect some $US 294 million from various W###ers. At this
point I'm tired of doing these transactions and have more than enough money
 to last the rest of my life to say nothing of the many friends and relations
 to whom I've bestowed several millions each. I have more than enough money
 at the moment and suggest that you and your fellow W###ers give my portion
 to the many poor Nigerians who do not know where their next meal is coming
 from.

Yours truly,

Robert Wersan

"dr.martin irabor" <iraborm at eircom.net> wrote:
> To: [lots of email addy's despammed]
> Subject: QUICK RESPONSE.
> Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 06:21:58 +0100
>
> FROM THE DESK OF Dr.Martins Irabor
> THE MANAGER
> Headquarter,
> Universal Trust Bank Plc.
> Lagos, Nigeria.
>

> Sir,
>
> Compliment of the day and how is life general with
> you? Of course it is my humble wish to solicit and
> crave your indulgence to make this project request for
> a joint business transaction which I hope will not
> come to you as a surprise, hence I plead for
> your pardon.
>
> I am Dr.Martins Irabor, the  Manager of headquarter
> Universal Trust Bank Plc. Lagos. I have an urgent and
> confidentialbusiness proposal for you.
>
> On June 6, 1997, an Italian oil
> consultant/contractor with via National Petroleum
> cooperation (NNPC) Mr. Paul Bush made a numbered time
> (fixed) deposit for twelve calenderer month valued at
> US$25.5,000.00(Twenty-Five point five  Million US
> Dollars) in my branch.
>
> On maturity, I sent a routine notification to his
> forwarded address but got no reply after months we
> send a reminder and finally we discovered from his
> contract employee (Nigeria national petroleum
> Corporation) that Mr. Paul Bush died from an
> automobile accident. On further investigation, it was
> clear  that he died without making a will. All
> attempts by the Australian to trace his next of
> kin were fruitless.
>
> I therefore made further investigation and discovered
> that Mr. Paul Bush did not declare any next of kin or
> relations in all his official documents including his
> deposit document in my bank. The total sum
> US$25.5,000,000.00 is still in my bank as dormant
> acct.
> No one will ever come forward to claim it. According
> to Nigerian banking law, after five years, the money
> will revert to the ownership of the Nigerian
> Government. If the account owner is certified death
> and nobody comes forward to claim it.
>
> This is the situation , and my proposal is that I am
> looking for a foreigner who will stand in as the
> beneficiary/next of kin. This is simple. All you have
> to do is to immediately send me the details of a bank
> account anywhere in the world for me to arrange the
> proper money transfer document. The money will then be
> transferred into the account for us to share in the
> ration of 60% for me 30% for you while the remaining
> 10% will be set aside for expenses incurred with
> here and there.
>
> There is no risk involved. I am using my position and
> connection in the bank here to do all the document
> work for the transaction. We shall employ the services
> of an attorney to draft the will and obtain all
> necessary documents and letter of administration in
> your fovour for the transfer. This transaction is risk
> free guaranteed. If you are interested, please reply
> immediately confidentiality and be rest assured that
> [...]

                        . . . that we but teach
B####y instructions, which being taught, return
To plague the inventor: this even-handed justice
Commends the ingredients of our poison'd chalice
To our own lips.

-- The Scottish Play, I-vii