[plug] [OT] Game Development

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Mon Sep 23 17:04:27 WST 2002

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Harry McNally wrote:

> PLUGers
>
> We have a person doing some work experience at Computer Angels who has
> qualification (and a portfolio) as a Game Development Artist. Given that there'd
> be PLUG people at the software end of this work, I'd be interested to hear
> off-list from anyone who may be interested in his skills. I'm thinking this
> skill also applies to corporate 3D promotional and architectural work et. al.
> too.
>
> I've found him to be a good person to work with so I decided to post OT based on
> the premise that: "70% of jobs aren't advertised and the first job is the
> hardest to find" .. and because I'd like to assist him :)
>
> If OT offends .. flame away .. but off-list torches please :D
>
> See you
> Harry

I am posting this to the list, due to the issue that it raises.

I believe that the posting above, is more appropriate for the SLPWA
list, due to what it involves, which is networking for trade and
employment in development associated with Linux.

I noticed that I have not received a copy of the message from the SLPWA
list, indicating that the message was not posted to the SLPWA list.

This is not a damning criticism (flame), but is meant as a constructive
criticism, or suggestion, and, perhaps, it is an opportunity to have the
issue discussed, of the separation of purposes, etc, of the two lists.

I suggest that you post the message to the SLPWA list, Harry, in case
there is anyone on that list, that is not on this list, and, that people
consider the separation of topics for the two lists, in this context;
should there be such a separation of purpose of the two lists, and, if
so, what should it be.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."
- Deep Thought,
  Chapter 28 of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- Douglas Adams, 1988