[plug] Redhat + KDE + key/mon/mouse switch: mouse deconfigs?

Lyndon Kroker ljkroker at netvigator.com
Tue Sep 24 21:31:30 WST 2002

Dennis,

You said:
> "I have 2 PC's on my desk connected with 1 keyboard/mouse/monitor via a
> 2-port switch box (press the button to switch between boxes).

I am wondering if your switch is completely mechanical in nature.  Does it
require a power source?  Does it contain any electronics?

I once tried to use a mechanical switch for my keyboard and mouse but gave
up.  There are just too many crashes and resets involved.  In the end I
bought a nice electronic unit that can switch up to four computers.  I have
switched between all sorts of computers and OSes.  I have had no problems
with the new unit.

Cheers,

Lyndon