[plug] Redhat + KDE + key/mon/mouse switch: mouse deconfigs?

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Sep 24 14:22:58 WST 2002

The only reliable fix I've found to the problem you describe is to set X
to use "PS/2" not "IMPS/2" mouse protocol. Most KVMs (not-at-all-cheap
ones included) have weird PS/2 mouse handling, do odd things with reset
signals, etc. I have a Belkin KVM that did this, and using basic PS/2
support is the only thing that makes it work.

I was not impressed as Belkin said "MS Intellimouse" supported - which
means all IMPS/2 mice. In fact, none of them worked. *sigh*. 3 months of
back-and-forth with Belkin and I have... no good answers, and a mouse
that works but has no mouse wheel support. Can't be stuffed fighting
them any more.

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is. (or:)