[plug] [OT] PlanetMirror

Ben Jensz jensz at wn.com.au
Thu Sep 26 22:18:52 WST 2002

Just a note to people who haven't noticed.

PlanetMirror now appears to be peering via WAIX again.  I've only
checked traffic going to PlanetMirror, but haven't verified traffic
coming back the other way yet, so test it first before taking it for
granted that it'll be free traffic especially for those WAIX ISP ADSL
users.  Most WAIX ISPs should've picked up the peering for it going over
WAIX again through Singtel's WAIX link.  Alas it appeared dead slow for
me today (3-4k/sec), that could be partially because its down as an
official Mandrake 9.0 mirror, but several days ago I tried to pull a few
things from there that were also not breaking the 10k/sec mark.  So it
looks like we've lost a decent link to a damn fine mirror.

/ Ben