[plug] Trying to install KDE on Debian

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Sat Sep 28 11:32:48 WST 2002

G'day,

On Sat, 28 Sep 2002 09:47:14 +0800, James Elliott wrote:

| SECONDLY
| if the pat-get install kde command is correct, what does the above error
| message mean?

The message means exactly what it says---"you don't have enough free space
in /var/cache/apt/archives to hold all the debs".  Apt holds all of its
downloaded .deb files in /var/cache/apt, and you don't enough room to fit
kde there. When I got this on my machine, it was because my /var partition
was too small, so I moved apt's cache onto another partition like so:

mv /var/cache/apt/archives /home/debarchives
ln -s /home/debarchives /var/cache/apt/archives

HTH,

Cameron.