[plug] Trouble restarting webmin.

Richard rbarnes at westnet.com.au
Sun Sep 29 01:41:43 WST 2002

I have been having a look a webmin for the first time tonight, and all was
going well until I upgraded (webmin itself) via webmins own scripts. The
installation seemed to go fine, but after it was complete an error message
appeared saying there was a problem restarting the server. Following this all
conections from the browser failed, and when trying to start the server again
(using /etc/webmin/start) the following error appears...

Starting Webmin server in /usr/libexec/webmin
Failed to open SSL key at /usr/libexec/webmin/miniserv.pl line 171.

The contents of /var/log/webmin only say the same thing. From the first line
it would seem that the server is started, but using /etc/webmin/stop results
in the following error message...

Stopping Webmin server in /usr/libexec/webmin
/etc/webmin/stop: line 4: kill: (3443) - No such process

I apologise for my ignorance, but any suggestions on things to try, or doc's
to look through, would be welcome. I am running Mandrake 9.0.

I have tried running setup.sh again, only to get the following...again...

Attempting to start Webmin mini web server..
Starting Webmin server in /usr/libexec/webmin
Failed to open SSL key at /usr/libexec/webmin/miniserv.pl line 171.
ERROR: Failed to start web server!