[plug] Maildir Archive and Retrieval or Access from cd?

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Wed Apr 2 12:23:44 WST 2003

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 08:19:39AM +0800, Daniel wrote:
> Hello All,
> I got onto maildir because I thought it the best way to handle huge
> amounts of e-mail and archive them for later reference.
>
> Ideally the files were to be put to cd and accessed directly from there
> if required.  Unfortunately the multiple small files seem to clash with
> the cd writing format - doesn't work.

Can you tell us how it's failing?  I use Maildir format, and I've just
created a cd image of all my email, including one folder with 5000
messages, and it worked fine.

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
Look at it this way: Your daughter just named the fresh turkey you brought
home "Cuddles", so you're going out to buy a canned ham.  And you're still
drinking ordinary scotch?