[plug] Worlds biggest luddite...

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Thu Apr 3 21:23:17 WST 2003

Regards the DCITA site, before hitting the "submit" button, anything
libelous in this piece of "feedback" that I will send?

"I understand that DCITA spent more than AUS$4 million on this
website.   If that is true, heads should roll.   Whoever is
responsible for this outrageous expenditure should apologise
to the Australian public.   The site is aesthetically unattractive,
slow to load thanks to a large graphics overhead, uses an
overly powerful, overpriced CMS (Vignette), contains pages that
are immaterial to the site (the Tenders page link, for example,
links to a fundamentally trivial page that in turn links to the
information a visitor would seek) and is generally a
disappointing effort.

To cap all this off, this comments box requires hard carriage
returns in order to prevent scrolling off the window.   Given your
expenditure, would an automatically-wrapping comments box
be too much to ask?

A sad day for Australian IT."

Denis -- who has had a Bad Day (tm) and feels like taking few prisoners
:-)