[plug] ps2pdf parameters

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Apr 4 16:37:01 WST 2003

>>Does anyone know if I can set the security methods in output PDF files when
>>using ps2pdf?  Eg, I need to be able to set the "Changing the document" &
>>"Content copying or extraction" values to "disallowed".
>
> Not much point. There are many PDF viewers that ignore them.

"Changing the document" is only relevent for Acrobat anyway ; no other
PDF app I'm aware of can change the file at all. Even Acrobat Reader
won't care.

Content copying and extraction can be circumvented embarrasingly easily
with

pdf2ps filename.pdf
ps2pdf filename.ps

even if you're trying to use a PDF reader that cares about the security
flags.

You can't make something that can be viewed but not copied. Just ask the
DVDCA ;-)