[plug] Network adapter help please

Andrew Furey simpware at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 4 16:59:05 WST 2003

> Probably just going  to get myself a Linksys WET11
> or a WAP11 (and put it into bridged mode), which I
> can mount in a box closer to the antenna anyway.

I don't know about bridged mode, but WAP11s have a
known problem with going to sleep (simply stops
responding, will sometimes fix itself but otherwise
impossible to fix solely from the other end of the
wireless - power cycle will do it). See here:

http://lists.bawug.org/pipermail/wireless/2002-July/007760.html

Although in our experience (we/I have 2 of these) it
often seems to be with really heavy load too (not
necessarily really high usage ie. downloading ISOs
from LAN, but more persistent usage (~100Kb/sec for
1/2hr or so). Yuck.

Caveat emptor I guess...

Andrew

=====
Linux supports the notion of a command line or a shell for the same
reason that only children read books with only pictures in them.
Language, be it English or something else, is the only tool flexible
enough to accomplish a sufficiently broad range of tasks.
                          -- Bill Garrett