[plug] [OT] Kate Lundy's web site (was: The $4.00 website ...Ummmm huh?)

Ben Jensz jensz at wn.com.au
Mon Apr 7 09:20:03 WST 2003

James Devenish wrote:

>Arie may have been trying to say that the site doesn't respect the case
>sensitivity of IDs within HTML 4 pages (i.e., 1april2003 is not the same
>as 1April2003, so the 'table of contents' links won't work in conformant
>browsers). Some browsers may relax the restriction and the page will
>probably work as intended with those browsers, thus perpetuating the
>oversight.

Well her front page only comes up with a mere 40 HTML compliancy
errors.  Thats definetly a stark contrast from the front page of the
DCITA page with 397 errors :).

>One notices <meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft
>FrontPage 5.0">.

Maybe she didn't have a budget of $900,000 for software? :)  I think its
a lot better than Alston's effort, especially considering that she
publishes and updates her own web page apparently.

/ Ben