[plug] wine was: SID & X

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Tue Apr 8 17:46:33 WST 2003

Cameron Patrick wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 01:18:39PM +0800, Steve Lamont wrote:
>
> I fixed this problem when I first encountered it by removing stuff from
> the fontpath in my XF86Config.  After doing so, Wine got past the font
> bit, but still did an absolutely lousy job of actually running Windows
> programs. :(

I guess it depends on what your running. Any software that sticks pretty
closely to the *documented* (such as it is) win32 api seems to run quite
well. I actually do all my win32 development under win4lin and then test
the software under wine. I then run it under wine whenever I use it.

I think in about 2 years of doing this I have had to fix about 3 wine
bugs and work around a problem while someone else fixed it.

It's getting a lot better pretty fast.

--
Brad....
  /"\