[plug] OT: POST codes for Gigabyte?

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Wed Apr 9 08:34:07 WST 2003

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 07:29:33AM +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
> Did you leave the powercord plugged in, and just turned it off at
> the case switch?  Did you take precautions against zapping it with

It was unplugged, for about 3 minutes before I got the case opened
and as far as touching anything electrical inside.

> static electricity?  Did you try reseating the memory cards?  And
> also as mentioned below by Chris.

I always take precautions. :-)

I don't try to re-seat unless there is a problem. As it was, the
problem showed up after the CPU swap, without the memory having been
touched.

> There are many and various ways to damage electronics ...

Sure... there's about 1 Farad of cap's on the mainboard.