[plug] Redhat 9.0

Patrick Tehvand patrick at carey.wa.edu.au
Wed Apr 9 11:29:34 WST 2003

Curiosity got the better of me and I decided to give it a whirl.

I chose to upgrade my RH8.0 install using the isos from mirror.3fl.net
and shock horror, I didn't have any issues at all.

It didn't change any settings. Didn't break any installed stuff from my

It detected my GF4-MX during the process (that has never happened with
all my recent testing of distros when I chucked RH)

I would need to do a clean install to tell you more about bluecurve
updates as I disabled it on 8.0.

Unfortunately VMWare 3.2 doesn't support it so I'll have to wait till
4.0 comes out to give  you an update.

Overall if you are using 8.0 the upgrade path is really easy and I've
seen a minor performance increase with regard to evolution and
openoffice.

cheers

--
Patrick Tehvand <patrick at carey.wa.edu.au>