[plug] Redhat 9.0

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Wed Apr 9 14:16:30 WST 2003

At 02:01 PM 09-04-2003 +0800, Ben wrote:

8<--- snip --->8
>One thing I'm curious about, is there a task manager type application
>for X?  As that would help a hell of a lot for newbies when they had a
>program stuff up, because opening up an xterm and doing a ps and kill -9
>isn't something a newbie would exactly be capable of.
8<--- snip --->8

I would have thought that - teaching a newbie how to do a 'ps and kill -9 '
would help a newbie to understand just one of the basic reasons why Linux is
better than Windows, instead of giving them a Windows type work around, that
does not improve their undestanding about what their system can/cannot do.

Regards Arie