[plug] Redhat 9.0

Ben Jensz jensz at wn.com.au
Wed Apr 9 14:27:57 WST 2003

Arie Hol wrote:

>I would have thought that - teaching a newbie how to do a 'ps and kill -9 '
>would help a newbie to understand just one of the basic reasons why Linux is
>better than Windows, instead of giving them a Windows type work around, that
>does not improve their undestanding about what their system can/cannot do.

Sounds to me like you haven't done desktop support recently in a normal
office with normal users :P

Trust me, getting them to use Linux in the first place would be a
mission.  So one step at a time sounds good to me.  I'm only looking at
it at the moment, still not implementing Linux on the desktop for the
time being.

/ Ben