[plug] Redhat 9.0

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Wed Apr 9 17:04:46 WST 2003

They could use gtop which is GUI not sure if it's available for KDE though.

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

>>> craig at postnewspapers.com.au 2:47:41 PM 9/04/2003 >>>
>>One thing I'm curious about, is there a task manager type application
>>for X?  As that would help a hell of a lot for newbies when they had a
>>program stuff up, because opening up an xterm and doing a ps and kill -9
>>isn't something a newbie would exactly be capable of.

As others have mentioned, yeah there are. However, its often easier to
use "killall -9 mozilla-bin" or "killall -9 soffice.bin" after IDing
them in "top". Damnn threaded apps...

Craig