[plug] Re: setnu mode in emacs

indy at THE-TECH.MIT.EDU indy at THE-TECH.MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 10 16:41:59 WST 2003

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 02:45:08PM +0800, David Buddrige wrote:
> Thanks for that.  Do you know where I would put this file in order to
> 'install' it?
>

> thanks heaps 8-)
>
> David.

not sure actually, I use the GNU Emacs and I'll bet
those Xemacs people put their files somewhere different. *grumble*

lists some kind of package manager system for Xemacs,
maybe that works easier for you? more info on the URL below

Basically, it needs to go somewhere in the load path of your
copy of Xemacs.

I got this from

http://www.xemacs.org/Documentation/packageGuide.html

 From within a running XEmacs you may type M-x describe-installation RET to find the value of Package path. M-x describe-variable RET configure-package-path RET will reveal the package path  that was used to configure your XEmacs binary.

and

User Package directories

In addition to the system wide packages, each user can have his own packages installed in ~/.xemacs (Note that this will most likely change to ~/.xemacs/packages in the near future). If you want to install packages there using the interactive tools, you need to set the variable 'pui-package-install-dest-dir' to ~/.xemacs

HTH

Indy.

--
Indranath Neogy