[plug] Re: setnu mode in emacs

Mike Holland myk at plug.linux.org.au
Thu Apr 10 21:52:22 WST 2003

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, David Buddrige wrote:

> > You can jump straight to a line: M-g

> is displayed in the status bar.  But if I want to jump directly to a line
> several lines down containing some construct, it is very hard to know what
> line number it is.  Subsequently, I have to use cursor keys to move down,

I take it you dont like using a mouse click?
  I thought line numbers were there in case you dropped the stack of
punch-cards.
  Maybe you just need to set the keyboard auto-repeat to be faster?
There must be a better way than typing line numbers.

--
Ask not for whom the telephone bell tolls...
if thou art in the bathtub, it tolls for thee.