[plug] Stopping Mailing List for holidays

I am the LinuxAlien linuxalien at optusnet.com.au
Sun Apr 13 10:31:54 WST 2003

yes, I keep a nice large archive of PLUG stuff in Eudora and it hasn't
corrupted since i joined over 1 year ago. When I am away I will be
accessing my email from the web mail interface of optus and it won't be
downloaded to a computer till i get back so it would fill up very fast. I
maybe be able to work it out some other way as Eudora checks the email at
least twice a day even if i am away so i may be able to just leave it on
the server and set up a filter to remove all the PLUG stuff from the server
after downloading.
What format are the Eudora mailboxes in? And how can i access them from
Linux as Eudora is over the network.
Thanks
Tim
At 10:06 PM 12/04/2003 +0800, you wrote:
>On Sat, Apr 12, 2003 at 09:38:09PM +0800, Ryan wrote:
>| .. although you use Eudora, so it probably corrupts its
>| folder indexes every week and trashes it all? (microsoft called that
>| feature autoarchive) ..
>
>Hmm, never did it to me. :)  Eudora stores its folders in Unix mbox
>format[1], too, so when the time came to Switch(tm) it was relatively
>painless.
>
>| Maybe such a mailing list feature exists, but I'm evidently not the one
>| to ask :P
>
>Mailman-based lists allow you to set delivery to on/off/digest mode via
>a web interface, without unsubscribing and resubscribing.  Then again, I
>don't think that PLUG runs on Mailman, so it probably won't help...
>
>Cameron.
>
>[1] At least it did as of version 4.2.  Might be different now.

LinuxAlien

Riverton, Perth, WA