[plug] OpenOffice1.1beta startup problems

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Sun Apr 13 21:33:15 WST 2003

> The CPU usage on the first process gradually dies down to 0.0 after about 20 minutes.  Nothing appears on the screen.

That's just weird. Have you tried:
	(a) trimming down the FontPath if there are any non-standard fonts in it,
	(b) running it with DISPLAY=some_remote_machine,
	(b) attaching a debugger in the vain hope you'll be able to figure out
what's going on?

> Anyone seen this?  openooffice.org and google don't seem to want to tell me much about it.

Nope, works for me on Debian 3.0 - though I do suffer from the window
contents displacement bug under IceWM. I'd say its considerably faster
and nicer, though I haven't had a chance to really try it out yet.

Craig Ringer