[plug] Filesystem backups

Chris Griffin chrisg at doladns.dola.wa.gov.au
Mon Apr 14 16:43:50 WST 2003

Thanks Ryan and Andrew.
I am looking at dump and trying to get it to do the job.
Andrew, could you elaborate a little?

On one of my Linux boxes I am trying "dump -0 -d 1000 -f
tapehost:/dev/nrst20 /", but it comes back with:

   DUMP: permission denied
   DUMP: login to tapehost as root failed.

Looks like it needs more than entries in /.rhosts and /etc/hosts.equiv on
tapehost
to get it talking????

Chris