[plug] [ot] wysiwyg html editor

Quintin Lette quintin at arach.net.au
Tue Apr 15 18:50:33 WST 2003

On Tuesday 15 April 2003 18:24, Trevor Phillips wrote:
> Tim Bowden wrote:
> > I am on an urgent mission to save our office from frontpage (if
> > possible).  The boss just told me he was going to purchase frontpage and
> > send two of our staff to a training course.  Our needs are simple: We
> > need a wysiwyg html editor that we can find a training course for.  Any
> > ideas?
>
> Isn't Frontpage free?

Not without breaking the law.  I'm not one for Copyright infringement.  It
does however come bundled with some versions of office.

> Although I use a text editor myself, I've used Mozilla on occasion - the
> older versions had some really annoying problems, but the latter
> versions seem OK. I haven't done anything strenuous with it though.

Vim is always good :) but somehow I don't think that will work here :P

> In our area (that would be Web Services, so we have SOME experience
> -_^), our main non-technical Content person swears by Dreamweaver.

Dreamweaver is what my friend/business partner uses and its great, but that
works out pretty costly too, not even mentioning Macromedia Studio

Quintin