[plug] [ot] wysiwyg html editor

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Tue Apr 15 20:20:30 WST 2003

On Tuesday 15 Apr 2003 17:10, Tim Bowden wrote:
> I am on an urgent mission to save our office from frontpage (if
> possible).  The boss just told me he was going to purchase frontpage
> and send two of our staff to a training course.  Our needs are
> simple: We need a wysiwyg html editor that we can find a training
> course for.  Any ideas?

ooWriter works well, even produces more or less validator.w3.org
friendly HTML. If the staff can use Word, they can use this. Choice of
Windows, Linux, Mac or Solaris (betas available for HPUX and others).

How much do they want to pay for a training course, and what sort of
content are they going to be whacking into the site?

There's also...

    http://www.symonds.net/~deep/stuff/vtu/ginf/index.php

...and no end of CMS.

Cheers; Leon