[plug] [ot] wysiwyg html editor

Tim Bowden bowden at iinet.net.au
Wed Apr 16 10:31:22 WST 2003

Derek Fountain wrote:

>>Yep, I recommend DW also...DW only works on Mac and Windows but it's WAY
>>better than FrontPage !!
>>

>Another vote for Dreamweaver. Sites designed with Frontpage shout "this was
>designed with Frontpage!" very loudly. Dreamweaver is in a different league.
>
>There's nothing like it in the free software world. Basic HTML editing is
>available in Netscape, Staroffice, etc., but if you need the real thing -
>meaning site management, rather than just page construction - you have to go
>into the Windows world.

Firstly, thanks for all the feedback.  It has been most helpful.  I have
found out a little more about our needs- aparently our 'QA' consultant
is going to be building a small in house web site for us as part of our
document control system.  He uses frontpage.  He has recomended we use
frontpage to insert our content (as far as I can tell at the moment it
is just loading up word docs to make them available internally)
 Frontpage is probably  the only thing he knows about web design.

If this is the case, then sending two staff on a frontpage course sounds
like a big waste of time & money.  I'm sure a few php scripts could
handle whatever our needs are to enable non tech staff to load up content.

Regards,
Tim Bowden