[plug] Getting linux running ona beige g3 mac

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Apr 16 13:47:59 WST 2003

> It's nothing to do with it being beige, is it? Would a transparent blue
> one let you see what is going on?

Yeah, probably. Gotta love a mac. Even apple describes the powerbook
revisions as "copper keyboard / brown keyboard" or whatever.

In this case, there's a definite chance that the beige G3s don't use
Open Firmware - I think that started out with the B&W G3s . Can't check
because while we do have a beige G3 @ work its more than slightly
important - controls our SCSI imagesetter.

I run a network that has 10 macs on it, and *oh how I hate them*. OS 10
is OK (v.good with some "apple blind spots") but OS 9 is so apalling.
Crashintosh, indeed.

Craig Ringer