[plug] [ot] wysiwyg html editor

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Wed Apr 16 14:53:33 WST 2003

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Craig Ringer wrote:

> > The problem I have with using "word processors" for creating web content, is
> > that it's not the same thing. That is, word processors traditionally create
> > documents intended for print: Fixed page width and height, forced breaks, no
> > problem with absolute positioning. Web pages are continuous, and are of
> > variable width.
>
> I know. The best HTML editor I've ever seen (sadly dated, being HTML 3.2
> based) was Claris Home Page 3.0 for the Mac. Its the only one I've ever
> found that was written for web design, not wordprocessing/desktop
> publishing in HTML. Something like that, but XHTML based with CSS and a
> built-in validator would be awfully nice.
>
> Craig Ringer

The best that I have seen and used, is Homesite v4. Created websites
with it. Brilliant, but, unfortunately, not available for Linux.

That reminds me; I understood that CoffeeCup (I think that is/was its
name), was supposed to be a Linux based equivalent, and, equally
intuitive to use.

Anyone know anything about that one? That may be useful...?

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."