[SPAM 03.50] Re: [plug] [ot] wysiwyg html editor

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Apr 16 13:54:46 WST 2003

> The problem I have with using "word processors" for creating web content, is
> that it's not the same thing. That is, word processors traditionally create
> documents intended for print: Fixed page width and height, forced breaks, no
> problem with absolute positioning. Web pages are continuous, and are of
> variable width.

I know. The best HTML editor I've ever seen (sadly dated, being HTML 3.2
based) was Claris Home Page 3.0 for the Mac. Its the only one I've ever
found that was written for web design, not wordprocessing/desktop
publishing in HTML. Something like that, but XHTML based with CSS and a
built-in validator would be awfully nice.

Craig Ringer