[plug] XMMS Speex plugin on the CD

Derek Fountain derekfountain at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 19 10:38:29 WST 2003

How do I get the XMMS Speex plugin on the linux.conf.au CD to work? I copied
the libspeex.so file from the disk into the appropriate place, but when I
start XMMS it says:

libspeex-0.99.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I compiled my own copy and got the same result. What do I need to do?

--
"...our desktop is falling behind stability-wise and feature wise to KDE
...when I went to Mexico in December to the facility where we launched gnome,