[plug] Oracle 9i for Linux

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Mon Apr 21 09:06:08 WST 2003

On Saturday 19 Apr 2003 13:58, caston at arach.net.au wrote:
> Does anyone have the above or know a waix resouce for it?

> I'm currently looking at over a gig and a half of cpio images and not
> looking forward to using up all my bandwidth for the month.

I don't think the ISPs would thank you for this, but here's a wildcard
for you: how much would you be willing to pay per ISO of bandwidth?
Call it 700MB, at ArachNet or WestNet retail data rates that's about
$40 per ISO.

Many ISPs allow you unlimited downloads from 00:00 to 07:00, and many
people don't use all of their bandwidth even during daylight hours, so
perhaps there's a niche for a bandwidth broker? "We mail you CDs at $5
per burn plus $1 per hundred meg plus $5 fixed postage and handling on
any number of CDs". 1500MB would fit on 2 CDs and therefore cost $30.
Hard disk is cheap, so a big mirror seems appropriate. You could
discount if the item(s) happened to be mirrored already.

Or maybe one of the ISPs wants to offer this?

Cheers; Leon