[plug] Plug web site

Kimberly Shelt kim at linmagau.org
Sat Apr 26 12:02:07 WST 2003

On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 11:50:21AM +0800, Hook wrote:
> My impression is that the sites which require you to login are newspaper
> sites (Times, NYT, Washington Times and a couple of the bigger US West Coast
> papers), or sites where you actually buy stuff. I rarely use the news sites
> though, largely because I can't be bothered remembering another set of
> usernames/passwords. The "buy something" sites allow you to browse without
> logging in - they only need to know who you are when you make a purchase.
>
> What's the plug site going to have for members that non-members won't have
> access to?

Nothing is planned as yet.. but if there is a big enough interest
an idea was raised at the AGM..

a "proper site"..where folks can find out what is happening,
all the legal bits.. who and what is plug..all the bits that are
important but once read dont change that much..
ie committee etc.. also the calendar of events .. general info
to encourage folks to join up..

then a more "funky" space for register users of the site..

things that might be of more interest to the geekier folks,
fun stuff, random ramblings etc really anything that there is
a call for.. or that users want to include ?

This is just a suggestion and nothing is happening as yet..but
feedback would be great..

If people think the site is fine the way it is then ok.. if
they want more they really only have to ask :)

Kim