[OT]Re: [plug] Polls finally fixed :)

Hook hooker at iinet.net.au
Sat Apr 26 11:50:21 WST 2003

Kimberly Shelt wrote:
> > Andrew Pamment wrote:
> > > The polls are fixed? isn't that a bad thing
> > > :)
> >

> On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 09:32:39PM +0800, Hook wrote:
> > Well, it has a long tradition in most third world countries, and, it
seems,
> > America.
>
> This may indicate that whilst a "blog" is a good way to present
> information to a group of likeminded folks, perhaps the whole
> "being a member" and logging thing is just not that important?
>
> What do other pluggers feel.. ?
>
> Would something special (ie: different news, special deals)
> for only those that log in be taken advantage of ?
>
> Perhaps the next poll should be..
> Do you log in at sites you visit or do you just browse as a guest?

My impression is that the sites which require you to login are newspaper
sites (Times, NYT, Washington Times and a couple of the bigger US West Coast
papers), or sites where you actually buy stuff. I rarely use the news sites
though, largely because I can't be bothered remembering another set of
usernames/passwords. The "buy something" sites allow you to browse without
logging in - they only need to know who you are when you make a purchase.

What's the plug site going to have for members that non-members won't have
access to?

Hook