[plug] JOLT Cola Supplies

Craig Foster fostware at iinet.net.au
Mon Apr 28 22:17:29 WST 2003

Jon Miller wrote:
> Boy times sure has changed, used to be (at least in the states) the
> breakfast of champion (as we called it) for programmers was the choice
> of: 1) Twinkies
> 2) can't remember the name but it contained  two chocolate buns with a
> whipped cream filling (it was gross )
> 3) Dr Pepper, Orange Crush or Grape Fanta
> 4) potatoes chips choice was plain, barbeque or chilli
> 5) always included meat eaters pizza
> 6) tub of rocky mountain high ice cream.
> 7) bag of jelly beans
>
> Now mind you our boss was always bringing this in or having it
> delivered to those of us that stayed past 4:30 pm.  She made sure we
> stayed wired all night and our health insurance up to date.
>
> Nowadays it's rice crackers (barbeque or chilli) tuna (lemon-pepper or
> smoke or chilli) and either tea or vanilla coke.

I'm sorry, but the ultimate programmer "substances" are :-

1) BBQ Shapes (need I say more)
2) Original (not a word of english) bottles of Red Bull, as made by a
pharmaceutical company in Thailand before the marketing whizzes stamped
them out - circa 1995
Five small red bull bottles sent a friend into twitches - yay
InterZone... Ahhh the memories...

And no, the little bottles are now just lolly water :(

Regards,

Craig Foster
fostware at iinet.net.au (with SMIME)